Old Ambalindum Homestead - Alice Springs
From $20.00 to $235.00
Old Ambalindum Station, approximately 135 kilometres north east of Alice Springs, is a working cattle station of well over 3,000 square kilometres.
Situated close to the East MacDonnell Ranges, Arltunga Historic Reserve and the Binns Track, Ambalindum Station is one of the original cattle stations in Central Australia. Surrounded by some spectacular scenery, there are interesting bush walks and mountain biking trails passing picturesque waterholes and a large lake. Whilst the four-wheel drive enthusiast can be challenged by literally hundreds of kilometres of graded station access roads and very rugged and rocky tracks.
Facilities for Old Ambalindum Homestead
- BBQ Facilities
- Communal Refrigerator
- Games/Recreation Room
- Swimming Pool - Outdoor
Services for Old Ambalindum Homestead
- Self-Catered Homestead
- The original historic homestead, dating back to the early 1900s and recently renovated, offers airconditioned comfort in one queen and one double bedroom, one twin room, two single rooms and a double bunk, suitable for accommodating up to 12 people. The large country-style kitchen with modern gas range, all utensils and crockery, makes this self-catering option so easy. Alternatively, dine outdoors in the shaded Bough Shed area where a gas barbecue is available for your use. Please note indicative rate shown is for two people, per night.
- Gravel areas and a limited number of grassed sites, are available for tents, campervans and off-road caravans. Shared shower room and toilet, are situated close by. There are powered and unpowerd sites available.
- The former workers' quarters are situated close to the homestead and feature five separate bedrooms, each opening onto a large airconditioned common room incorporating the kitchen, living area and television. An adjacent shared shower room offers two showers, laundry tub and washing machine. Each bedroom contains it's own small refrigerator, with a large, communal refrigerator and separate freezer situated in the kitchen. Please note indicative rate shown is per room, per night.
Experiences around Alice Springs
- Farm Stay
Beyond 1km of Alice Springs
- Convention Centre (130 km)
- Domestic Airport (130 km)
- International Airport (1628 km)
- Visitor Information Centre (130 km)