Allenvale Cottage - Lorne
From $195.00 to $325.00
Allenvale Cottage is an easy two hour drive from Melbourne, mid way along the Great Ocean Road . Enjoy all that the surf coast has to offer without the noise, traffic, hustle and bustle!
Just two kilometres from the town centre of Lorne, in a world of our own 'Allenvale' is simply stunning.
Kilometres of beautiful walking trails through rainforest to waterfalls, pick an apple from our century old organic apple orchard. Follow the St George river trail over river crossings to where the river mouth meets the beach and opens out to the sea. Stroll up the Allenvale Road to Lorne's premier Art Gallery 'QDOS', and enjoy fine food, wine, sculpture and constantly changing art.
Allenvale Cottages provides exceptional convenience, comfortable eclectic mix of country furnishings, rustic charm and stunning beauty. It shares the natural wonders of the area with a vast array of native fauna and birdlife. Kangaroos, Koalas, Possums, Kookaburras, Blue Wrens and Bower Birds to name just a few.
The perfect base for all your Great Ocean Road and Otway Hinterland explorations. Pack a picnic and take the day to wind your way through Apollo Bay, to the Twelve Apostles, Otway Fly Treetop Walk, olives groves and wineries.
Facilities for Allenvale Cottage
- BBQ Facilities
- Cots Available
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- TV/Lounge Area
Services for Allenvale Cottage
- Deceptively spacious, Rose cottage has large open plan kitchen,dining and carpeted living areas. The well equipped kitchen has gas oven/cooktop, microwave, fridge and all the crockery and cutlery that you might need to prepare home cooked meals. Main bedroom has queen size bed, second bedroom has twin singles and antique Swedish day bed suitable for a child in sunroom area, each with electric blanket, fresh white linen and feather doonas. Sit back and relax in the feather filled cushions on the couches by the wood fire indoors, or in the Adirondack chairs with a BBQ on balcony. Bathroom has full size bath with overhead shower, vanity, toilet and washing machine. There is also additional gas heating, flat screen TV, DVD player and iPod dock too!
- Timber lined walls, painted floorboards with an eclectic mix of country furnishings. Country style eat-in kitchen with everything you need to self cater. Oven and cooktop, microwave, fridge and crockery and cutlery. The bathroom has a small hip bath with overhead shower, vanity and separate toilet and laundry facilities. Main bedroom has queen size bed, antique church pew, and blackwood cupboard, second bedroom with twin single timber beds, timber trunks and crisp white linen and feather doonas. Cosy living with flat screen TV, DVD player, iPod dock, wood fire and gas heating, comfy couches with cushions and throws. Front and rear balconies where you can relax and enjoy the sounds of the tranquil surrounds. There is a BBQ on the rear balcony for summer evenings!
- As the name suggests, a traditionally built house with twin gabled roof, 'Gables' is a popular choice for two couples. Under one gable is bedroom with queen bed, bathroom with full size bath and vanity, separate toilet and laundry facilities. Under the other gable is a second bedroom with twin singles or king size bed, and kitchen at the rear. The well equipped kitchen has gas oven/cooktop, microwave, fridge and cutlery and crockery. The gables are joined by open plan living area with wood fire, additional gas heating, inviting couches with cushions and throws, books and magazines. There's a flat screen TV and DVD player and iPod dock too! Polished timber floorboards, eclectic antique furnishings throughout give Gables that home away from home feel.
- Riverbank is perfect for your large family, couples, or friends getaway. Enter off the rear balcony into the ground floor open plan living area. There is flat screen TV, DVD player, iPod dock, a slow combustion wood fire and additional heating. The well equipped kitchen has gas oven/cooktop, microwave, fridge and all crockery and cutlery. Bathroom is also on ground floor with full size bath, overhead shower, toilet and vanity. At the top of the flight of stairs to your left is a bedroom with two single beds and chest of drawers. A little further down the hall on the right is the second bedroom with king bed. At the end of the hall is the main bedroom with queen size.
Experiences around Lorne
- Nature based