Chestnuthill Country Retreat - Swan Reach
Set high on eight acres overlooking the Tambo river at the gateway to Metung on the Gippsland Lakes, Chestnut Hill is a 4.5 star multi-award winning traditional bed and breakfast and self-contained accommodation exclusively for adults.
Ideally positioned along the Sydney/Melbourne Coastal Drive in eastern Victoria and only 4.5 hours from Canberra, the perfect place to break your journey or escape for a day or two and experience the magic of the Gippsland Lakes.
Enjoy watching the yachts, motor cruisers, pelicans and if you're lucky, dolphins at play in the river below, while sitting out on your private verandah.
Chestnut Hill is exclusively for adults and combines grand style with a contemporary edge, antique and modern furnishings. Queen size bedrooms are air-conditioned and have private verandahs where you can relax and put your feet up or read that book you've been promising yourself.
Chester's Studio and Pandora's Chalet are one and two bedroom self-contained studios, positioned within the eight acres and a 'stones throw' from the main house, this may suit your desire for peace, privacy and the facilities to 'do your own thing', continental breakfasts are supplied in both self-contained facilities.
With spa baths positioned next to the main bedrooms and outlooks to the stars and river below, the stress of the day will just dissolve into the bubbles of the spa. Excellent restaurants are only minutes away [by car] along with take away food outlets.
East Gippsland is naturally magical, with a vast array of flora and fauna experiences, even for the most discerning of travellers. Visit koalas in their natural habitat on Raymond Island, view the sea eagles and Superior Fairy Wrens while you're eating breakfast.
For those who choose to bring their family pet on holiday, Chestnuthill has the facilities and space to accommodate your companion.
Facilities for Chestnuthill Country Retreat
- BBQ Facilities
- Car park
- Communal Refrigerator
- Gardens in property
- Broadband Internet Access
- Wireless Internet Access
- Non Smoking Establishment
- Open fireplace
- Pets allowed, enquire on booking
Services for Chestnuthill Country Retreat
- Lavender Room
- The Lavender room is fully air conditioned and has full ensuite facilities. Overlooking the Tambo River with its own private verandah and direct views of the river below, experience the magical sunsets and the gentle summer evening breeze while sitting out on your verandah, it's what holidays were made for! Tea/coffee making facitilies are available, complimentary WiFi, afternoon tea on day of arrival and a three course breakfast is served each morning of your stay.
- Chestnut Room
- This room also has a private verandah, with views to the mountains and the Tambo river. The ensuite includes a two person spa bath with the shower located over the spa bath. The Chestnut room is fully air conditioned, tea/coffee making facilities are available along with complimentary WiFi. Afternoon tea on day of arrival and a three course breakfast greets you each morning.
- Rose Room
- Decorated in traditional rose colours and overlooks the rose garden and Lily pond. This room has two king single beds with full ensuite facitilies and fully air conditioned. The Rose room is suitable for young adults travelling with their family or friends travelling together. Tea/coffee making facilities are available, complimentary WiFi. Afternoon tea on day of arrival & a three course breakfast is served each morning of your stay.
- Chesters Studio
- Chesters Studio is our very popular one bedroom self contained studio, with a double spa bath located off the bedroom. A large verandah area providing water views, along with BBQ facilities adds another dimension to this popular self contained studio. The kitchenette boasts an espresso machine , dishwasher, washing machine and more. A complimentary continental breakfast pack including fresh milk is provided for the first night of your stay.
- Pandora's Chalet
- A two bedroom modern split level holiday house [again with water views] which allows friends travelling together to stay together in the one Chalet. Both bedrooms have full private ensuite facilities, the master bedroom boasts a spa bath also. A fully fitted kitchen along with an espresso machine is another of the luxuries Pandora's Chalet offers, with a complimentary continental breakfast pack for the first morning of your stay. A laundry room with washing machine always brings a smile to the traveller that has been 'on the road' for a few days! If you desire the space of Pandora's Chalet and you are only one couple just let us know as our tariff is amended accordingly. There is complimentary internet access provided
Experiences around Swan Reach
- Food and Wine
- Nature based