El Questro Wilderness Park - Kununurra
From $279.00 to $319.00
El Questro Wilderness Park is one of the world's most unique holiday destinations, providing a truly Australian holiday experience.
A million acres in size, El Questro is located in Western Australia's untamed Kimberley, and extends for approximately 80 kilometres into the heart of the region, most of which has never been explored. It is one of the last true frontiers.
Go barramundi fishing, set out on a horse trek, or explore remote areas by helicopter that only a lucky few have ever seen. A day spent with a local Ranger will introduce you to a variety of animals, birds and maybe even a saltwater crocodile!
El Questro Wilderness Park offers three types of accommodation, each different in style and budget, including Emma Gorge Resort Tented Cabins, Station Township Bungalows and Riverside Camping.
Facilities for El Questro Wilderness Park
- Car park
- Swimming Pool - Outdoor
- Public Telephone
- Restaurant - Licensed
- Tour Desk
Services for El Questro Wilderness Park
- Township - Bungalow Accommodation
- The Bungalows are located at the Station Township area near the banks of the Pentecost River, at the hub of El Questro Wilderness Park. Ideal for those travellers who want to be at the centre of the action and close to all El Questro's activities, the Bungalows are great for families, as well as those who prefer the little extra comforts of home. Providing air-conditioned comfort with private facilities, a number of Bungalows are stylishly decorated with polished floorboards and some with balconies overlooking the river. Conveniently located next to the Steakhouse Restaurant and the Swinging Arm Bar, the Bungalows overlook the Pentecost River, and are just a short stroll from a peaceful swimming hole.
- Emma Gorge Resort - Tented Cabins
- Emma Gorge Resort's Tented Cabins allow you to stay in comfort and style, while still remaining close to nature, in complete harmony with the surrounding landscape. The raised roofs of the Tented Cabins allow the tropical sounds and scents to filter through, as you drift off to sleep. Beds are fitted with linen and pillows, while fans help make warmer nights more comfortable. All Tented Cabins have their own private en suite facilities. With a fully licensed bar, well-stocked shop and laundry facilities, Emma Gorge Resort is an ideal place to stay and explore El Questro and the captivating Kimberley beyond.
- Station Township - Riverside Camping
- El Questro has two distinctly different ways to enjoy your camping experience. The first is at a location known as "Black Cockatoo", which is central to the guest showers, bathrooms and the Station Store. Here, you will meet and mix with other outback adventurers, all travelling with their own camping gear. Alternatively, you can choose from a selection of private sites, all secluded from other campers. These sites are approximately a 10 minute drive from the central facilities building, which is available for use at no extra charge. Riverside campsites are along the Pentecost River close to El Questro Station Township. Which campsite you choose is up to you. Simply decide when you check in at the Station Store upon arrival.
Experiences around Kununurra
- Caravan and Camping
- Farm Stay
- Airstrip (1 m)
- Boat Ramp (1 m)
- Restaurant (1 m)
Beyond 1km of Kununurra
- Bowling Club (100 km)
- City and/or Town (100 km)
- Coach Station (100 km)
- Domestic Airport (100 km)
- Golf (100 km)
- Hospital (100 km)
- Jetty (100 km)
- National Park (50 km)
- Tennis Court (100 km)
- Visitor Information Centre (100 km)