Nicholson River Winery - Nicholson
"It's hard to meet a keen wine drinker who either doesn't love or at least admire Nicholson River's Chardonnay - considered by many pundits to be one of Australia's greatest. It shows intensity and power, but with an emphasis on structure rather than fruity-tuitiness. And it's from a tiny little place on Victoria's east coast near Lakes Entrance. Crop levels are low here, and Bass Strait often gives this area a real blast, but Nicholson River happily soldiers on. Pinot Noir is well worth a second taste here, too." Ben Canaider
Great view over looking river.
* Established: 1978
* Wine Region: Gippsland
* Winemaker: Ken Eckersley
* Owners: Juliet and Ken Eckersley
* Cellar Door: Manager - Juliet Eckersley
* Open: Generally 10am-4pm (5pm during holidays) Please phone outside holiday periods.
* Wines: Riesling, Semillon, Chardonnay, Shiraz, Pinot Noir, Merlot, Botrytis Sweet and Sparkling Wines.
* Price: $12.00-$35.00
* our email adress - email@example.com and web http://www.nicholsonriverwinery.com.au