Nyerimilang Heritage Park - Nungurner
Nyerimilang Homestead is set among semi-formal gardens on a cliff top above the beautiful Gippsland Lakes. Perfect picnic spots are surrounded by garden and scenic walks meander along bush and farm tracks, past Kurrajong trees, wetland areas and through the East Gippsland Indigenous Plant Garden.
- Whistling Kite Track (0.75 km - 10 mins one way): after a grassland walk, the track passes through various forest types. The Whistling Kite, a large brown hawk, nests in the tall Blue Gums that surround this short walk.
- Homestead Track (1.1 km - 25 mins one way): the original entrance to Nyerimilang Homestead was via this track from Maringa Creek crossing. Leaving the homestead, the track gently descends through moist gully vegetation to swamp, then salt marsh.
- Cliff Top Walk (1.7 km - 30 mins one way): the meandering, mostly level track affords the visitor panoramic views of the nearby lake system and Bass Strait beyond.
- Kurrajong Track (0.75 km - 10 mins one way): this track is a link between Cliff Top and Homestead tracks. The Kurrajong, an evergreen native tree, is most obvious on the northern end of this track.
- Salt Marsh Track (1.2 km - 25 mins one way): the track is from the Kalimna West road to Reeve Channel. The salt marsh environment surrounding the tidal Maringa Creek gives way to the sandy shoreline of the lake system.
Before you go
Conditions can change in parks for many reasons. For the latest information on changes to local conditions, please visit the relevant park page on the Parks Victoria website.
Be bushfire ready in the great outdoors. Refer to the Bushfire Safety section on the Parks Victoria website for tips on how to stay safe.
Facilities for Nyerimilang Heritage Park
- Picnic Area
- Public Toilet
Experiences around Nungurner
- Nature based