Groovy Grape Getaways - Adelaide
From $85.00 to $925.00
Groovy Grape Getaways offers all inclusive tours to exciting destinations throughout Southern and Central Australia; covering regions such as Kangaroo Island and the Barossa Valley in regional South Australia, Flinders Ranges, William Creek and Coober Pedy in outback South Australia, the Great Ocean Road and Grampians in Victoria and Kings Creek, Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Alice Springs in the Northern Territory.
Groovy Grape Getaways caters for the backpacker market who want fun informative adventurous trips. Their culturally aware tours have been endorsed with accreditations for Eco Tourism and Tourism Business. They recently won the award for Best Tour Operator in Australia at the Golden Backpack Awards, which is the only dedicated awards program for the independent travel sector.
Groovy Grape Getaways also offers both intrastate and interstate charter tours for social, sporting or student groups upon request.
Facilities for Groovy Grape Getaways
Services for Groovy Grape Getaways
- Barossa Valley Day Tour - GGG01
- The Barossa Valley is Australia's most famous wine region. The Groovy day begins by travelling through the Adelaide Hills, stopping at the world's largest rocking horse and the amazing Whispering Wall and then on to the first wine tasting experience. Spend approximately 45 minutes in the Jacob's Creek Visitor Centre, going through the history of the Jacob's Creek brand, followed by a structured wine tasting and an educational presentation. Head to Richmond Grove, a picturesque winery set on the banks of the North Para River, where you get to tour their cellars and enjoy their wine. Lunch is a barbeque extravaganza including the Aussie speciality of marinated kangaroo. Vegetarians are not forgotten. Fit in a trip to Mengler's Hill lookout to admire the views across the valley. Visit your fourth and final winery for today, the historic Seppeltsfield, before returning to Adelaide by about 5pm. Departs: daily at 7:45am.
- Great Ocean Road and Grampians Three Days - GGG04
- Day 1: Experience great walks through the Grampians National Park and see the kangaroos and other wildlife come out to play at dusk. Overnight is dormitory style accommodation in Halls Gap. Day 2: Visit the Brambuk Aboriginal Cultural Centre and hike more of the Grampians. Visit the rock formations along the shipwreck coast with sunset at the Twelve Apostles. Overnight is dormitory style accommodation on the Great Ocean Road. Day 3: Sunrise at the Twelve Apostles, with the opportunity to take a helicopter ride. Walk through the Otway Ranges Temperate Rainforest and stop at local surf towns and seaside villages. Departs: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 6:45am.
- Campwild Kangaroo Island Three Day Wildlife Safari - GGG07
- Experience up-close wildlife encounters on Kangaroo Island with an experienced tour guide. Activities include sand-boarding, optional quad biking tour, hiking through the Flinders Chase National Park, viewing sea lions at Seal Bay and a nocturnal tour to see those animals active at night including penguins. Overnight accommodation is at a private stone cottage, not far from Vivonne Bay and surrounded by kangaroos, possums and the occasional echidna and koala. With an extra day on the island, this three day/two night tour gives you time to soak up the splendour of the island's beauty and explore hidden beaches, Kelly Hill Caves and more opportunities for bush walking and wildlife spotting. Departs: Mondays at 6am.
- Campwild Kangaroo Island Two Day Wildlife Safari - GGG08
- Experience up-close wildlife encounters on Kangaroo Island with an experienced tour guide. Activities include sand-boarding, optional quad biking tour, hiking through the Flinders Chase National Park, viewing sea lions at Seal Bay and a nocturnal tour to see those animals active at night including penguins. Overnight accommodation is at a private stone cottage, not far from Vivonne Bay and surrounded by kangaroos, possums and the occasional echidna and koala. Departs: Mondays at 6am.
- Rock Patrol Six Day Tour - GGG09
- The Groovy way to explore the best of the Red Centre starting from Adelaide. Unforgettable sunrises and fantastic sunsets over Uluru (Ayres Rock) and Kata Tjuta (The Olgas). Spectacular walks and unforgettable sights. Stargazing and life underground at Coober Pedy. A great big adventure; arrive in Alice Springs with great memories and new friends. Please note that this tour combines the first day of our Boomerang tour with the last four and a half days of our Desert Patrol tour and includes a full day and two nights in Coober Pedy. Operates: Departs Adelaide every Wednesday (also Saturday October to May) at 6.30am.
- Desert Patrol Adelaide to Alice Springs Seven Day Tour - GGG02
- Truly a trip of a lifetime! Destination outback and Australia's desert wilderness. Explore the frontier opal-mining town of Coober Pedy, hike ancient rock formations in the Flinders Ranges, swim in remote waterholes and discover places of unique and inspirational beauty. Absorb the spirits and secrets of Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon. Wildlife, campfires and bushwalking all in one informative and culturally aware tour. Departs: Tuesdays and Fridays at 6:45am.
- Boomerang Three Day Tour - GG05
- Day 1: With an early start, head north through one of Australia's oldest wine regions, the Clare Valley. Enter the southern Flinders Ranges and after lunch hike Dutchman's Stern for stunning views of the Spencer Gulf and surrounding ranges and plains. Camp tonight amongst the red gum trees of Stony Creek. Day 2: After breakfast head to Coober Pedy, home to 80 per cent of the world's opal and a unique landscape featured in the movie 'Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome'. On arrival, take a tour of a mine and check out some of the town's unique underground attractions. Tonight sleep like the locals - underground, in bunkhouse accommodation at the Umoona Opal Mine. Day 3: Depart at sunrise with a detour to see the amazing colours of the Breakaways. Incredible changing landscape, kangaroos, emus, eagles, road trains and enough stops to keep you happy along the way. Settle in as you cruise to your destination, arriving around 6pm. (This itinerary is the Adelaide to Alice Springs trip. Alice Springs to Adelaide itinerary is similar but in reverse. Arrive in Adelaide on day three at approximately 6pm) Departs: Saturday at 6:30am.
- Flinders Outback Explorer Four Day Tour - GGG03
- The Groovy way to explore the best of the Flinders Ranges and Outback. Escape the city and head north to the beautiful Flinders Ranges. Passing through small country towns like Quorn and Hawker and discovering the ancient Aboriginal artwork at the Yourambulla Caves on the way. A viewpoint for amazing photos and keep an eye out for the abundance of wildlife that inhabits this expanse. Visit Talc Alf - this outback artist is a true character! From Maree, rich in its history of camel trains, along the Oodnadatta Track, follow the old Ghan Railway and its long abandoned railway settlements. Stop at Coward Springs, for a relaxing, all-natural spa. This is remote territory, with red, stony plains stretching to the horizon. Taking an isolated track through the world’s largest cattle station (Anna Creek), head for the opal capital of the world, Coober Pedy in time for lunch. Take an underground tour to learn about the history of Coober Pedy and its opal. Free time is then available to explore the charms of the opal town or look for opals before catching the Operates: Tuesdays at 6:45am.
- Rock 2 Water Five Day Tour - GG06
- Start your journey in the red centre, camping under the outback stars and exploring the spectacular sights of the area, including Uluru with an unforgettable sunset and sunrise. Visit the cultural centre and Kata Tjuta, where you will hike the magnificent Valley of the Winds. Hike Watarrka (Kings Canyon) and take a dip in the waterhole of the Garden of Eden. Cross the border and visit the town of Coober Pedy, unique in its opal mining history and underground dwellings where you will stay underground in bunkhouse accommodation. Experience the scenic Alligator Gorge of the southern Flinders Ranges before arriving at your destination, Adelaide. Departs: Tuesdays at 12pm.
Experiences around Adelaide
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Caravan and Camping
- Farm Stay
- Food and Wine
- Nature based