Pichi Richi Camel Tours - Quorn
From $25.00 to $85.00
Pichi Richi Camel Tours is located in the heart of the inspiring Flinders Ranges, just 330 kilometres north of Adelaide and enroute to the world renowned Wilpena Pound.
Have the adventure of a lifetime on a camel safari or perhaps a camel to barbecue tour surrounded by the amazing Flinders Ranges.
You can self-drive approximately three and a half hours from Adelaide, exploring the beautiful winery dotted hillsides of the Clare Valley on the way, or make use of one of the many ex-Adelaide packages that are available.
Small group sizes ensure that you can truly experience the beauty, stillness and majesty of the Australian outback.
Tours and packages are all inclusive so you can relax, secure in the knowledge that you are in the hands of a medal winning tour company.
Please note as of 1 March 2013 tours are temporarily unavailable.
Facilities for Pichi Richi Camel Tours
- Car park
- Waiting Area
Services for Pichi Richi Camel Tours
- Half Hour Tour
- For those with limited time, this is still a camel ride with enough time to relax, spot a kangaroo or two and appreciate the panoramic views of Devils Peak and the township of Quorn, nestled on the edge of the Willorchra floodplain. All as you wind your way along a bush track though native mallee bush land. Operates: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturdays at 9am.
- One Hour Tour
- A leisurely camel ride through native bush land into the Pichi Richi valley and travelling below the Dutchman escarpment, its towering cliff face glowing red in the sun. There's time aplenty to watch the kangaroo's nibbling grass on the edges of the creek bed and maybe even spot the resident, but shy, Echidna who lives in the area. Operates: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturdays at 9.45am.
- Half Day Tour
- A fantastic three hour ride across stony plateau's, past stands of grass trees and descending into the Pichi Richi Valley. Follow the creek bed, beneath ancient gums trees, in the shadow of the towering Dutchman Escarpment. Marvel at the endurance of early European settlers as you pass by their cottages and woolsheds before turning to climb back out of the valley into native mallee scrub. Wildlife abounds, undisturbed by the quiet padding of your camel. Stop to boil the billy and munch on an Anzac biscuit or two. Operates: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturdays at 11.30am to 2.30pm.
- Full Day Tour
- Explore the Flinders Ranges from an unique perspective. This tour allows you to truly relax and unwind as you experience Australia’s timeless landscape. As you travel within the shadow of Devil's Peak glimpse the blue waters of the distant gulf. Stop to watch the wild goats climb impossibly steep tracks or drink from the natural spring. Look for ancient engravings on the red sandstone walls of spectacular gorges. Enjoy a leisurely stroll in the shade of the River Red Gums whilst your guide prepares a light lunch. Operates: Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday at 9.30am to 2pm.
- Two Day Safari
- The perfect weekend away. Imagine yourself, in the heart of the Argadell Range, home of the endangered Yellow Footed Rock Wallaby. You're only a three and a half hour drive from Adelaide, but you will feel like you are miles from nowhere. Day one will see you watching kookaburras fishing from the waterhole in Hannaman Gorge as you ride past, relax in a native pine glen over a leisurely lunch, ride across Spinifex plateaus while the Wedge Tailed Eagles circle the thermals above. Sit by the fire as you watch the first course of your evening meal being prepared. After dinner share stories around the fire or watch the evening turn to night as the first stars wink on in the Milky Way, before retiring to your swag for a comfortable night’s sleep. Day two is also filled with fantastic experiences, exploring South Gorge and natural springs before completing your camel adventure after lunch. Operates: From Pichi Richi Camel Farm Quorn on Saturday at 10.30am, returns Sunday at 3pm. Transfer from Port Augusta to Pichi Richi Camel Farm Quorn available at additional cost.
- Four Day Safari
- The adventure of a lifetime. Can you believe that this is only a three and a half hour drive from Adelaide, in the heart of the spectacular Flinders Ranges? Image yourself watching the Billy boil, as you sip your cuppa, a delightful wallaby with a beautiful face and bright yellow feet hops over to try and coax you out of your Anzac biscuit. Back on your camel, rocking gently in time to the camel's gait, watch the wild goats frolic up what seem to be a sheer cliff face. As you descend into the cool depths of South Gorge, traversing wide stream beds until the cliffs narrow and your sure footed camel is picking his way around boulders, look for ripple stone evidence that this was once an inland sea bed. Look forward to three spectacular nights, snuggle into your swag beneath the Milky Way, having experienced such gourmet delights as a Yabby cocktail entree, desert herb encrusted steak, served with native Australian vegetables and bush tomato chutney, followed by Quandong pie, all lovingly prepared. Life doesn't get much better than this. Operates: By arrangement, 10.30am every Tuesday, returns 3pm Friday.
- Camel to BBQ Tour
- Departing an hour before sunset, this fantastic one hour camel ride through native malle will have you in the Pichi Richi Valley as the sun slowly sinks behind the rim of the Dutchman Escarpment and the first stars wink on in the evening sky. Arriving at an open air barbecue setting, you’ll have time to watch nature’s sunset display, glass of wine in hand, before taking a seat at a two course gourmet bush food barbecue. It doesn’t get any better than this! Operates: every evening.
- Camel to Breakfast Tour
- Departing at sunrise, this one hour camel adventure will have you spotting kangaroos and wallabies as they nibble groundcover dripping in early morning dew – an emu or two may even stroll past. Arriving at an open air barbecue setting, your guide sets the billy on to boil and fires up the barbie. The galahs, corellas and kookaburras being their morning calls. Breakfast is a choice of cooked or continental – or both if you’ve worked up an appetite! Operates: daily, 7am to 9am.
Experiences around Quorn
- Caravan and Camping
- Food and Wine
- Nature based