Tasmanian Air Adventures - Hobart
From $199.00 to $699.00
Tasmanian Air Adventures (TAA) provides convenient, world class, eco-tour experiences into the heart of Tasmania’s wilderness. Depart from the Hobart waterfront aboard a comfortable seaplane affording minimal environmental impact.
Departing Kings Pier in Hobart, step aboard the seaplane from which you will be exhilarated in a way that comes only with combined air, land and sea experiences. With highly experienced crew to ensure a memorable trip, relax as you taxi on the Derwent River, getting ready for the excitement of your first seaplane take-off and the imminent breathtaking views. See Tasmania’s Wilderness like it was meant to be seen – in all its grandeur, in a way that leaves no trace. A modern communications system ensures you do not miss a thing as the pilots provide you with a fascinating interpretive experience.
As well as the much-loved City Scenic experience, Tasmanian Air Adventures can provide you with easy access to Port Arthur, the Freycinet Peninsula, Gordon River, Bruny Island, Port Davey and many more spectacular Tasmanian destinations.
So what are you waiting for? Do not miss the flight of your life – Talk with the team at Tasmanian Air Adventures about your next wilderness experience, City Scenic tour or regional hotel transfer.
Facilities for Tasmanian Air Adventures
- Checkin Desk
Services for Tasmanian Air Adventures
- Wineglass Bay
- See one of the world’s top 10 beaches! Seaplane takeoff from Derwent River, views of Maria Island, Schouten Island, Wineglass Bay, past Mt Amos landing at Hazards Beach (weather dependent). Enjoy another seaplane take-off and picturesque flight returning to Hobart. Note: As the Freycinet Peninsula is a designated remote area, passengers should bring a hat, sunscreen and water bottle, which are all available at passenger check-in. The aircraft will be beaching, please consider your clothing, footwear and bring a small towel. Tour time: 2.0 hours (45 + 40 minutes of flying) Maximum of four passengers.
- Gordon River - World Heritage Area
- World Heritage Wilderness Area - Walk into St John Falls! Seaplane takeoff from Derwent River, spectacular views of the city of Hobart. Views of the World Heritage Wilderness Area, Highland lakes, vertical escarpments and trees that are thousands of years old. Approaching the Gordon River, descending into a 600 feet deep ravine. Disembark for a short walk to beautiful Sir John Falls to take photos and feel close to nature. With photos complete reboarding and enjoy another thrilling seaplane take-off climbing up out of the ravine and head back to Hobart – enjoying the World Heritage Area again all the way back. Tour Time: 2.5 hours (2 x 50 minute flights). Operates with a maximum of four passengers.
- Wild Capes Air Adventure - Port Arthur
- Unmatched views, amazing wildlife, unique experience! Seaplane takeoff from Derwent River, water landing at Stewarts Bay, Port Arthur and views of settlement. Second seaplane takeoff with views of Tasman Island, contour fly the rugged cliffs of Cape Raoul, Ships Stern Bluff, views of Bruny Island, second seaplane landing on Derwent River. Looking out for sea eagles, dolphins, rays, sharks and whales! Tour time: 90 minutes Drop off and pick up are available at an extra cost
- MONA Short Flight
- Travelling to Mona in style, fly, dine and museum tour! (all inclusive) Travel to MONA, flying over picturesque Hobart. The package includes lunch and drinks in Moorilla's Wine Bar and entry to the Museum of Old and New Art. During the flight enjoy views of the Derwent River, the northern tip of Bruny Island, Hobart city, and Mt Wellington before arriving at MONA. Upon arrival you will be greeted by MONA staff and taken by buggy to the Wine Bar for lunch. There you can indulge in house baked bread, charcuterie, salads, cheese, and a flight - four samples - of Moorilla wine or Moo Brew beer. After lunch you will be taken to the museum where you are free to explore. Return to Hobart onboard the MONA ferry or MONA ROMA coach. Tour Time: Half Day or as long as you like (15 minutes of flying – total 0.5 hours) Tour operates with a maximum of six passengers.
- MONA and Wineglass Bay
- ee one of the world’s top 10 beaches and experience MONA – the Museum of Old and New Art – all in the one day. Seaplane takeoff from Derwent River, views of Maria Island, Schouten Island, Wineglass Bay, past Mt Amos landing at Hazards Beach (weather dependent). Enjoy another seaplane take-off and picturesque flight returning to MONA. You will be greeted by MONA staff and taken by golf buggy to The Source Restaurant to enjoy a three course lunch. Executive chef, Philippe Leban, will tailor lunch to your taste and dietary needs. A sommelier is also on hand to match each course with fine wine from Moorilla and around the world. (Optional: matching wines can be purchased AUD50 per person). After lunch you are free to explore the museum. Return to Hobart onboard the MONA ferry or MONA ROMA coach. Note: As the Freycinet Peninsula is a designated remote area, passengers should bring a hat, sunscreen and water bottle, which are all available at passenger check-in. The aircraft will be beaching, please consider your clothing, footwear and bring a small towel. Tour Time: 2.0 hours (flight time 45 minutes and 40 minutes) + MONA 5-8 hours or take as long as you like! Tour operates with a maximum of four passengers.
- Hobart City Scenic
- Unique experience, see Hobart from a new perspective – air, land and Sea! Seaplane takeoff from Derwent River, spectacular views of the Tasman Bridge, Government House, MONA, Wrest Point Casino, Mount Wellington the D'Entrecasteaux Channel and Northern end of Bruny Island. Tour time: 30 minutes Minimum of two passengers and maximum of four.
Experiences around Hobart
- The Arts
- Food and Wine
- Nature based