Peregrine Adventures - Melbourne
From $1950.00 to $1995.00
Peregrine Adventures offers small group adventure tours and expeditions to Australia and New Zealand – trekking around Uluru, Tasmania, the Flinders Ranges, Kangaroo Island, Milford Sound, the Kimberley and ascent Aoraki/Mount Cook.
From the Top End to Tasmania, discover untouched wilderness areas, isolated out-stations and remote indigenous communities. We travel along the legendary Gibb River Road through the Kimberley, visit mystical Koolpin Gorge, join an eco-cruise to the outer Great Barrier Reef, trek along Tasmania’s acclaimed Overland Track and explore the length of the Larapinta Trail out of Alice Springs. Walk amidst the rugged mountain scenery of South Australia’s Flinders Ranges or experience the wonderful wildlife and unspoilt landscapes of Kangaroo Island.
Across the Tasman, in New Zealand, we trek between the mountains and fiords of Milford Sound, raft Rangitata Gorge, cycle along the shores of beautiful lakes and attempt an ascent of majestic Aoraki/Mount Cook. A night aboard a floating hotel on Milford Sound or following in the footsteps of champion athletes traversing the Goat’s Pass is not to be missed.
Facilities for Peregrine Adventures
Services for Peregrine Adventures
- Flinders Ranges and the Heysen Trail Seven Day Tour
- The rugged mountain scenery of the Flinders Ranges offers a true outback experience. The Flinders Ranges provide for a spectacular outback journey, filled with tree-lined gorges, rocky bluffs and shady pools, home to a wide variety of wildlife, including the beautiful and highly endangered Yellow-Footed rock wallaby. The Aboriginal people have lived here for thousands of years and left artefacts and rock paintings as their legacy, a constant reminder of the importance of this land to their culture. Our rustic accommodation on an outback, pastoral property provides a perfect taste of the outback as we head off each day to walk different sections of the Flinders Ranges to appreciate the amazing diversity of the region. This adventure encompasses some of the best walking to be found in Australia. Tour highlights include Wadlata Outback Centre, Flinders Ranges walk through Bunyeroo Gorge to Wilcolo Valley, Aroona Ruins and Heysen Trail to Red Hill Lookout, Brachina Creek and Yuluna Creek walk, Blinman, Glass Gorge, Parachilna Gorge, Beautiful Valley, Alligator Gorge walk, Melrose and morning hike to Mount Remarkable summit. Kangaroo Island trip can be added to the end of this adventure at extra cost. Operates: By arrangement, departs Saturday, returns Friday.
- Kangaroo Island Five Day Tour
- Get up close to our unique wildlife, whilst experiencing the wonderful, unspoilt landscapes of Kangaroo Island. Kangaroo Island is a wildlife wonder, home to over 250 species of birds, 850 varieties of plants, as well as many Australian sea lions and New Zealand fur seals. Observe the kangaroos, wallabies and koalas in their natural habitats and penguins nesting on the island’s craggy shoreline, or perhaps meet an echidna, platypus or goanna. The spectacular coastline, pristine beaches, and remote wilderness of Kangaroo Island are renowned worldwide, yet still unspoilt, making this a truly unique destination to explore many of Australia's treasures. Tour highlights include Eucalyptus Distillery, trek Little Sahara dunes, birds of prey demonstration, walk among Australian sea lions at Seal Bay, Kelly Hill Caves, walk to Hanson Bay, Flinders Chase National Park wildlife, fur seal colony at Cape du Couedic and Remarkable Rocks, walk to Rocky River and platypus waterholes, walk to lonely Cape Borda Lighthouse and walk along the Ravine de Casours. From May to October this trip can be taken in conjunction with Flinders Ranges and Heysen Trail or Uluru and Outback Trails as extended tour option at extra cost. Operates: By arrangement, departs Friday, returns Tuesday.
Experiences around Melbourne
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Farm Stay
- Nature based