Kimberley Wild Expeditions - Broome
From $90.00 to $3480.00
Kimberley Wild Expeditions operate the best day tours and short breaks out of Broome. Exploring the Kimberley with small, diverse groups in clean, comfortable 4WD vehicles, travellers enjoy local expertise and their real passion for this beautiful corner of Australia that they call home.
Kimberley Wild guides enjoy meeting travellers from all over the world and are keen to share their experience of the Kimberley – visiting the well-known highlights and revealing some of its many secrets. Their strong relationships with Aboriginal people and communities will also provide you with unforgettable cultural experiences.
Kimberley Wild Expeditions have been awarded the rights to develop a new Wilderness Safari Camp in the Heritage listed Purnululu National Park. Exclusive to Kimberley Wild, the new Bungle Bungles Safari Camp will be the only private camp in the National Park to boast views of the Bungles Massif, allowing travellers to enjoy the idyllic outback landscape while relaxing in the comfort of their eco-safari tents.
Finally, Kimberley Wild understands that quality meals are essential to a great tour so they provide delicious, healthy meals, featuring fresh ingredients, gourmet salads, and local Kimberley flavours.
So join Kimberley Wild Expeditions if you want a real, memorable Kimberley experience.
Facilities for Kimberley Wild Expeditions
- Waiting Area
Services for Kimberley Wild Expeditions
- 1 Day Cape Leveque Adventure
- The Dampier Peninsula is a delight for travellers seeking a real Kimberley experience that is culturally rewarding in a beautiful environment. Enjoy morning tea in the Beagle Bay Aboriginal Community, home to the Sacred Heart Church and its pearl shell altar. Visit One Arm Point Community and view the Buccaneer Archipelago, witnessing the huge tidal flows of the Kimberley - the largest in the southern hemisphere! The Community’s own aquaculture hatchery, complete with reef fish and trochus shell, is perched right on the tip of One Arm Point and well worth a visit. At Cape Leveque (locally known as Kooljaman) you enjoy a local lunch of Cone Bay Barramundi and chips before a relaxing afternoon on the pristine beaches and spectacular coastline the cape is famous for. Whether you prefer ocean swimming, sunbathing, taking long walks along the beach or exploring rockpools, the afternoon is yours to enjoy as you please. Those returning to Broome by 4WD will arrive back at approximately 6.30pm. Those travellers who choose to return to Broome via scenic flight, depart from Kooljaman at approximately 4.00pm.
- 2 Day Kimberley Gorges Escape
- On day one travel into Kimberley gorge country, breaking for morning tea near the mighty Fitzroy River and see a thousand year old boab tree. On reaching the historic town of Fitzroy Crossing, discover the Napier Range and Geikie Gorge. Cruise the waters of the Fitzroy River as they wind their way past the gorge cliffs. Settle in for an evening under the Kimberley night sky as your guide prepares a campfire barbecue before you retire to your choice of accommodation: camping, Safari Cabin (with ensuite) or Motel Room (this choice is made at the time of booking). On day two, travel to Tunnel Creek, a 750-metre cave system in an ancient Devonian reef. Here, you explore secret caves and unusual wildlife. Hear the legend of Jandamarra, an Aboriginal freedom fighter who used the Tunnel as a hideout. A refreshing swim is a highlight. Lunch at Windjana Gorge, and search for freshwater crocodiles, local birdlife and indigenous bushtucker in the natural beauty of this oasis of the outback. Travelling back through Kimberley cattle country, pause in Derby to see the infamous 'Boab Prison Tree'. Arrive back in Broome at approximately 6:30pm.
- 1 Day Geikie Gorge Experience
- As you travel through iconic pindan country, your guide shares stories of local history, people and the environment. After morning tea, you pause at a magnificent boab that is well over a thousand years old, where you learn some of the secrets of this unusual tree. Approaching the historic town of Fitzroy Crossing you enter the ancient Napier Range, a limestone Devonian reef 350 million years old and home to Geikie Gorge, carved by nature during the Devonian geological period. Geikie Gorge floods during the wet season, with the swirling water leaving its bleached mark on the colourful gorge walls. Though the water retreats during the dry season, the flow remains to sustain the wide variety of Kimberley wildlife. After a picnic lunch, travellers either depart on a two hour Darnkgu Aboriginal Heritage Cruise or join a DEC National Parks Ranger on a one hour Geikie Gorge Cruise (this choice is made at the time of booking). Following the cruise, you travel back to Broome stopping en route for an optional dinner (own expense).
- 3 Day Cape Leveque Experience
- Visit Beagle Bay Aboriginal Community, home of the Beagle Bay Church with its glimmering pearl shell altar. Journey on to enjoy lunch in the Lombadina Community, a beautiful and welcoming community. Set up camp right on the edge of the Indian Ocean at Cape Leveque. A Kimberley sunset is a great way to end the day before a barbecue under the stars. Day two at Cape Leveque is yours to enjoy as you please. Cape Leveque has plenty of options to help you relax away a day. In the afternoon, the Aboriginal guide introduces you to Bardi 'saltwater' country on a guided bushwalk, providing an insight into indigenous bush tucker, lifestyle and culture. On day three, visit the Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm for breakfast together with an insight into the pearling business. Travel to the One Arm Point Community on the Dampier Peninsula. From here you can view the Buccaneer Archipelago and witness the huge tidal flows of the Kimberley, the second biggest in the world. Visit the Community’s aquaculture hatchery. Driving back through the dusk, keep an eye out for wildlife before arriving back in Broome at approximately 6.30pm.
- 1 Day Windjana Gorge and Tunnel Creek Adventure
- Departing Broome, travel through a remote and beautiful landscape, while the guide shares stories of local history, people and the environment. Enjoy a morning tea break at Willare Roadhouse on the mighty Fitzroy River and visit Myalls Bore and the notorious Derby 'Boab Prison Tree'. Join the Gibb River Road and travel towards the picturesque Napier Range. The mountains are over 350 million years old and home to a diverse array of animals and plants. The perfect place to experience the beauty of an outback oasis is Windjana Gorge. Beneath walls rising 90 metres, you search for freshwater crocodiles, local birdlife and indigenous bushtucker. After a picnic lunch, the afternoon is spent exploring Tunnel Creek, a 750 metre cave system in which you discover secret caves and subterranean wildlife. It is here you also learn the legend of Jandamarra, an Aboriginal freedom fighter who used the tunnel as a hide-out. A refreshing swim in an idyllic waterhole is a highlight of the day. As sunset approaches, you visit the historical ruins of Lillimooloora Station. There is time for an optional dinner (own expense) en route back to Broome.
- 5 Day Cape Leveque and The Gorges
- Visit a thousand year old boab tree at Fitzroy Crossing, then travel to visit Geikie Gorge and enjoy a river cruise. Enjoy the evening under the Kimberley sky and relax over a campfire barbecue. Take a 4WD route to Tunnel Creek, a 750-metre cave system. Hear the legend of Jandamarra, an Aboriginal freedom fighter. Enjoy a swim, then travel to Windjana Gorge for lunch and to search for wildlife and indigenous bushtucker. See the 'Boab Prison Tree', and arrive back in Broome at approximately 6:30pm for a free evening. Visit Beagle Bay Aboriginal Community, then journey to Lombadina Community. Set up camp on the edge of the Indian Ocean at Cape Leveque. See the Kimberley sunset before a barbecue under the stars. Enjoy a free day at Cape Leveque. There are plenty of options to help you relax away a day. The Aboriginal guide introduces you to Bardi 'saltwater' country on a guided bushwalk. Visit Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm for breakfast, then travel to the One Arm Point Community. View the Buccaneer Archipelago and tidal flows of the Kimberley. Visit the Community’s aquaculture hatchery and enjoy a short boat ride to King Sound. Arrive back in Broome at approximately 6.30pm.
- 1/2 Day Broome Sites
- Enjoying a full commentary, begin in Chinatown hearing fascinating stories of this precinct. Call into a pearl shop and enjoy a historical sound show at the famous Sun Pictures, the worlds oldest operating open air picture garden (now listed in the Guinness World Records). Take a drive through Old Broome to view typical Broome architecture and old Pearling Masters homes then view the aqua waters of Roebuck Bay at Town Beach and learn of Broome's One Day War. Stop at Matsos Broome Brewery to sample their hand made ales and famous ginger beer (complimentary tasting included). Visit the Japanese Cemetery and Broome Port, the base for many of today’s Pearling vessels. Travel by Riddell Beach and the Broome Race Course, before taking an easy paced walk at Gantheaume Point, known for dinosaur footprints, and hear the story of Anastasia's Pool. Drive down onto Cable Beach for sunset (subject to beach conditions). Relax and enjoy a stroll, swim or light refreshments (included) as you watch the sun disappear into the horizon. A drop off to your accommodation is provided or you may like to enjoy a cocktail or dinner at one of the nearby cafes at approximately 6.00 pm.
- 3, 4 or 5 Day Cape Leveque Relax Away
- Experience on the remote coastal wilderness of Cape Leveque at your own leisure. You can choose three, four or five nights in award-winning Kooljaman Resort's Deluxe Safari accommodation, overlooking the Indian Ocean. Travel both ways by 4WD, or opt for a change with either a morning Scenic Flight over Horizontal Falls en route to Kooljaman or an afternoon Direct Flight to Broome on your return journey.
- 5 Day Broome to the Bungle Bungles
- Visit the Old Fitzroy Crossing before joining a cruise through majestic Geikie Gorge. Camp by the Fitzroy River and enjoy a Kimberley barbecue. Visit Halls Creek and see the China Wall enroute to Purnululu National Park, home of the Bungle Bungles. Settle into the Bungle Bungle Safari Camp, and relax with a meal and evening under the stars. Explore the highlights of Purnululu National Park, including the Bungle Bungle domes. Explore Echidna Chasm and take a short walk (two to three kilometres) into Cathedral Gorge. You can take an optional scenic flight (approximately AUD350.00 per person, own expense). Travel to Mimbi Caves, one of Western Australia's largest cave systems, in the heart of Gooniyandi Country. Share fresh damper and billy tea with the Gooniyandi traditional owners before heading for Fitzroy Crossing. Visit Tunnel Creek, a 750-metre cave system. Hear the legend of Jandamarra, an Aboriginal freedom fighter. Enjoy a swim in the waterhole before traveling to Windjana Gorge. Enjoy a picnic lunch and search for freshwater crocodiles, local birdlife and indigenous bushtucker. The Gibb River Road then leads you from the Napier Ranges as you begin the return to Broome via the Derby ‘Boab Prison Tree’.
- 8 Day Spirit of the Kimberley
- Experience the true spirit of the Kimberley. This trip is like no other in the Kimberley as it explores both the well-known sights and some of the hidden secrets of this extraordinary, remote part of Australia. The Dampier Peninsula is an blend of pristine beaches and dramatic coastlines, rich in traditional Aboriginal culture. Visit Beagle Bay Aboriginal Community, Lombadina Community and set up camp at Cape Leveque, on the edge of the Indian Ocean. Visit Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm, and One Arm Point Community and their hatchery. Visit Fitzroy Crossing and cruise through Geikie Gorge. Camp by the Fitzroy River and enjoy a barbecue under the stars. Travel to Halls Creek, and see the China Wall on your way to Purnululu National Park, home of the Bungle Bungles. Explore Echidna Chasm and Cathedral Gorge. Visit Mimbi Caves in the heart of Gooniyandi Country. Share fresh damper and billy tea with the Gooniyandi traditional owners before heading for Fitzroy Crossing. Travel to Tunnel Creek and hear the legend of Jandamarra, an Aboriginal freedom fighter. Enjoy a swim, and visit Windjana Gorge, before joining the Gibb River Road and returning to Broome.
- 1 Day Kimberley Dreamtime Adventure
- Depart Broome and travel through Kimberley cattle country to the Fitzroy River - keep an eye out for local birdlife and maybe a freshwater crocodile or two! Following a morning tea break at Willare, you enter Nyikina (pronounced Nin-ga-la) country. Travel through historic lower Liveringa station to see local flora and fauna, visit the historic Mount Anderson shearing shed for photos, learn about bush tucker, tracking skills and bush medicine and experience a one hour camel trek (optional). After a picnic lunch with local Nyikina men, visit Jarlmadangah Cultural Centre to explore local history, culture, tools, weapons and art. A bus tour of Jarlmadangah Community offers further insight before you visit an ancient living site to discover local rock art and hear dreamtime stories. Enjoy billy tea and damper before departing for Broome, arriving at approximately 6.30pm.
- 9 Day Wild Kimberley Loop
- This 4WD adventure explores those Kimberley highlights you have always wanted to experience. Visit the Derby Boab Prison Tree then travel along the Gibb River Road to Windjana Gorge. Explore Tunnel Creek cave system and hear the legend of Jandamarra, an Aboriginal freedbom fighter. Camp at Windjana Gorge. Explore Bell Gorge, Galvans Gorge, and camp by a billabong at Mt Barnett Cattle Station. Trek into Manning Falls, then travel on to El Questro Wilderness Park for two nights. Visit Kununurra, and travel to the shores of Lake Argyle, the heart of the Ord River Irrigation System. Travel to Purnululu National Park, home of the magnificent Bungle Bungles for two nights. Explore Echidna Chasm, and take a walk into stunning Cathedral Gorge. Enroute to Fitzroy Crossing, break your journey with a visit to Halls Creek to see the remarkable China Wall. Lunch at Marys Pool and visit the remote Laarri Aboriginal Art Gallery, before an evening by the Fitzroy River at Fitzroy Crossing. Cruise through the majestic Geikie Gorge. Explore Old Fitzroy Crossing and enjoy lunch by the river before you return to Broome in time to enjoy the sunset on Cable Beach.
- 12 Day Kimberley Explorer
- Visit Beagle Bay Aboriginal Community, and the Lombadina Community. Camp on the edge of the Indian Ocean at Cape Leveque. Enjoy a day at Cape Leveque and their Aboriginal guide takes you on a guided bushwalk. Visit Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm, and travel to the One Arm Point Community. View the Buccaneer Archipelago. Enjoy a boat ride to King Sound. Visit the Derby Boab Prison Tree then travel along the Gibb River Road to Windjana Gorge. Explore Tunnel Creek cave system and hear the legend of Jandamarra. Explore Bell Gorge and camp at Mt Barnett Cattle Station. Trek into Manning Falls, then travel on to El Questro Wilderness Park for two nights. Visit Kununurra, and the shores of Lake Argyle, the heart of the Ord River Irrigation System. Travel to Purnululu National Park, home of the Bungle Bungles for two nights. Explore Echidna Chasm, and take a walk into Cathedral Gorge. Visit Halls Creek and see the China Wall. Lunch at Marys Pool and visit Laarri Aboriginal Art Gallery, before an evening by the Fitzroy River at Fitzroy Crossing. Cruise through the Geikie Gorge. Explore Old Fitzroy Crossing before you return to Broome in time to a Cable Beach sunset.
Experiences around Broome
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Educational Tourism
- Food and Wine
- Nature based