Triple J Tours - Kununurra
From $145.00 to $210.00
Triple J Tours is proud to offer the longest daily river cruise in Australia, travelling 55 kilometres from Kununurra to the Ord Dam while passing through a variety of different landscapes from the wide expanses of Lake Kununurra, the magnificent Carlton Gorge and into the true Ord River to the Ord River Dam Wall.
Triple J Tours operate three boats on the Ord River. All skippers are experienced and share a love of the area. As well as magnificent scenery, prolific bird-life and varying fauna, each tour is enhanced by an informative commentary given by skippers/guides who are led by Jeff Hayley.
A selection of tours has been designed to highlight the Ord River as well as Lake Argyle. Customers can choose between spending an entire day on board, or combining a cruise with a scenic coach tour through 'Durack Country' to Lake Argyle.
All tours include pick up and drop off at local accommodation. Homemade morning or afternoon tea is also included.
Facilities for Triple J Tours
- Car park
Services for Triple J Tours
- J4 - Ord River Cruise
- This is the keep it simple stunning tour! You will see all the scenic highlights of the Ord River system by joining Triple J Tours at 11:30am and navigating 55 kilometres upstream to the base of the Lake Argyle dam wall before turning around and soaking it all up again on the return journey! For those who really enjoy time on the water, but are not worried about a lunch stop, this tour picks you up at 11:30am to 11:45am for an entire afternoon of water based adventure. Afternoon tea is provided at a secluded riverside location. Return is just after sunset.
- J3 - Scenic Coach Tour to Lake Argyle and Return Boat Cruise on the Ord River to Kununurra
- This tour combines the best of both worlds and highlights the massive Lake Argyle system. Commencing with a 70 kilometre scenic drive to Lake Argyle you will visit the historic Argyle Homestead and travel the huge Ord River Dam wall before meeting your boat. The rest of the day is spent navigating the beautiful Ord River taking in wildlife, birdlife, flora and the history of this unique location. Sunset is viewed over Lake Kununurra aboard the vessel before you are returned to your accommodation.
- LAJ - Scenic Drive to Lake Argyle, Lake Argyle and Ord River Cruise, Return to Kununurra
- Considered to be 'the tour with the lot' this package includes all the highlights as outlined in other tours plus a scenic two hour cruise on Lake Argyle itself. Discover the result of the damming of this massive river system in 1972 and marvel at the size of Lake Argyle, one of the largest in the southern hemisphere. A short visit to the Lake Argyle Inn allows for lunch, also included before being transferred to your second vessel for the cruise of a lifetime down the Ord River to Kununurra. Wildlife, birdlife, flora, history, statistics, facts and figures and brilliant commentary makes this tour an all encompassing option.
Experiences around Kununurra
- Nature based