Taste Bud Tours - Perth
From $85.00 to $85.00
Taste Bud Tours specialise in Speed Grazing, visiting nine of the region's most delicious locations and enjoying 25 or more different tasting experiences in a half-day tour.
Small personalised groups of 14 to 16 guests explore the award-winning Food and Wine Trail of the Swan Valley - Perth's Valley of Taste and Western Australia's oldest wine region.
Taste coffees from around the world, chocolate-coated coffee beans, koffee toffee, lavender infused scones, jam, cream and refreshing tea, and unique lavender wine. Sample local honey, dried fruit, chocolate, nougat, ice-cream, olives, oils, cheeses, fruit paste, roasted nuts, and fresh seasonal local produce.
Tours also provide an opportunity to sample premium still, sparkling and fortified wines and award-winning beers, ginger beer and cider. You'll also enjoy an insight into the history and culture of this remarkable region, and a rare opportunity to meet the people behind the labels.
Special morning treats include Maalinup Aboriginal Gallery to taste genuine Australian bush tucker foods, and on the weekends visit Maggies Place to sample fresh regional produce and yummy chutneys, relishes and sauces. Guests will also experience 'hands on' experiences like picking asparagus from the patch, grapes from the vines and citrus from the grove.
Facilities for Taste Bud Tours
- Public Transport
- Waiting Area
Services for Taste Bud Tours
- Speed Grazing - Good Food and Wine Trail
- Ideal for those with a sweet tooth. Visit Yahava Koffeeworks to taste coffees from around the world, witness a roasting and sample chocolate coated coffee beans. Visit Cape Lavender to enjoy lavender infused scones, jam, cream accompanied by refreshing lavender tea and unique lavender wine. Taste freshly roasted cashews, almonds and hazelnuts, olive oils, flavoured dukkahs at Mago Coffee. Explore the largest range of flavoured coffees in the region. Enjoy a chocolate fix at the Margaret River Chocolate Company. Taste awarded premium still and fortified wines at Windy Creek Estate. Enjoy West Australian cheeses, and home-made chutneys and relishes with a very cheeky label. Meet Phil, the Bee-Keeper, at Windarra Honey. Sample varietal, cream and comb cut honey varieties and watch bees busy at work. Taste hand-crafted cool creations at Oggie's Ice Cream Cafe and English Lolly Shop. Unlimited ice-cream tasting! View the production and sample fresh nougat at Mondo Nougat. Midweek - visit Maalinup Aboriginal Gallery to explore genuine bush tucker foods including jams, chutneys and delicious cakes and tartlets. Opportunity to feed friendly local emus. Weekend - visit awarded Maggie's Place Farmstall to enjoy fresh regional produce, sauces, jams and seasonal fresh fruits.
- Speed Grazing - Good Food, Wine and Beer Trail
- Speed Grazing visits nine delicious locations with 25 or more different tastings in a half day tour - it is fast, fun and filling! This afternoon option tends to be more savoury than the morning option and includes a visit to one of the region's awarded micro-breweries. Visit Yahava Koffeeworks to taste coffees from around the world, witness a roasting and sample chocolate coated coffee beans. Visit Cape Lavender to enjoy lavender infused scones, jam, cream accompanied by refreshing lavender tea and an opportunity to sample unique lavender wine. Taste freshly roasted cashews, almonds and hazelnuts at Mago Coffee, and explore the largest range of flavoured coffees in the region. Enjoy a 'chocolate fix' at The Margaret River Chocolate Company's Swan Valley venue. Taste awarded premium wines at Jarrah Ridge Winery. Enjoy a selection of cheeses, marinated olives, oils, fruit paste and dried fruits. Meet Rupert, the Bee-Keeper, at The House of Honey. Sample honey varieties and watch bees busy at work. View the production and sample fresh nougat at Mondo Nougat. Visit a Roadside Farmstall and sample fresh regional produce. The half day tour concludes with an icy cold beer, ginger beer or cider at internationally awarded Ironbark Brewery.
Experiences around Perth
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Food and Wine