Observations in the forest around Lakes Entrance.
- One little dollar bird by Les Goldsmith — posted on 2012-02-02 18:20 — 0 comment(s)
- Sitting up in a dead tree all alone, where are all the others?
- Dollar Birds by Les Goldsmith — posted on 2012-02-01 19:04 — 0 comment(s)
- Following the strange frog sounds we rushed out to investigate the origin of the noise.
- Picnicking in the Forest by Les Goldsmith — posted on 2009-09-17 09:53 — 0 comment(s)
- Leaving the sun and surf of Lakes Entrance we wander up the Great Alpine Road to our hidden picnic spot.
- May in East Gippsland by Les Goldsmith — posted on 2008-05-10 09:26 — 0 comment(s)
- It is Autumn and the cultural cringe demands we think of the colours of the season, for me it is the pale yellow of the first wattle in blossom. The Golden Wattle dusts the forest with spots of yellow in the green. At this time of year, the lyrebirds are busy digging up the mulch around the bedrooms and the Powerful owl can often be heard calling after dusk or in the early morning as she hunts for sugar gliders that unwittingly betray their presence with their “yip yip” sounds.
- Seed collection by Les Goldsmith — posted on 2008-03-29 06:25 — 0 comment(s)
- Dried out and separated before being scrubbed with truckwash - that's how we simulate the action of a bird's digestive system.
- Yellow tailed Black Cockatoo by Les Goldsmith — posted on 2008-03-27 22:47 — 4 comment(s)
- The creaks of protest from the blackwood tree, as strips are torn out by the yellow tailed black cockatoos, is a gentle accompaniment to the harsh calls as the cockatoos call to one another.